Ironwood has set out to create the finest most trustworthy credit and debit card processing company in America. Our mission is to build a company for the enduring benefit of our customers and all members of our team. As expressed in the deep roots of the sturdy ironwood tree, our core values are driven by integrity, respect, and taking the correct and ethical course of action at all times.
For general inquiries about careers, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
Account Manager - Customer Service
Ironwood is a customer-focused, national credit card and payments processing company based in Oxford, Mississippi. We’re growing and looking for team members who share our core values of integrity, teamwork, and transparency to join our Customer Service team.
Our Account Managers understand the challenges that business owners face and know how quickly the business environment can change. They work to ensure that each customer encounter is personable and friendly while providing them with valuable, customized solutions, and guaranteed satisfaction.
If you are a creative and analytical problem solver with a compassionate spirit and desire to help others, Ironwood could be the place to further your career.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide enthusiastic customer service for high volume inbound/outbound phone support
- Be compassionate and dedicated in handling escalated issues
- Work closely and professionally with other departments for the best resolution
- Must be versatile in managing multiple software programs while conversing with all levels of internal and external customers
- Maintain and promote excellent client relations by managing prompt, efficient and accurate responses to email and phone communications
- Deliver strong and proactive follow-up to customers
- Adhere to defined procedures, standards and performance expectations
- Analyze, diagnose and deliver known solutions to complex challenges
- Clear and effective communication skills (in person, phone, email, etc.)
- Ability to communicate across all levels with internal and external customers
- Excellent documentation skills
- Keen comprehension skills – ability to clearly understand and state the issues customers present
- Good composition skills – ability to compose a grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written response
- Ability to listen, empathize, and understand customer concerns
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable conflict resolutions and negotiating skills
- Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Take ownership of issues and strive for one call resolution
- Ability to make quick and accurate judgements and decisions
- Strong time management skills
- Action oriented and self-disciplined
- Organized and detail oriented
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- Excellent data entry and documentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new programs and technology
- Quickly develop a strong knowledge of payments products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
- High School degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent work experience considered
- 2 years of prior customer experience preferred
- Knowledge of payments industry a plus
This is a full-time, customer service position located in Oxford, Mississippi with compensation starting at $15/hr plus benefits.
To be considered, submit your cover letter and resume on our website or at jobs.iwpmts [at] gmail [dot] com. No calls please. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
Selected candidates will be subject to a background check prior to receiving an employment offer.